MLB rumors, injuries and news roundup for May 25
Sunday's MLB recap -- news, transactions, rumors and injury updates -- can be found within.
Here's all that's worth knowing for Sunday, May 25 (click here for today's scores) …
SIGNINGS & AGREEMENTS
- Cardinals: CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reports that the Cardinals have signed LHP Pedro Feliciano to a minor-league contract.
- Cubs: Have signed Manny Ramirez to be a player/coach for Triple-A Iowa.
- Angels: The team is hoping that OF Josh Hamilton will be able to come off the DL during the four-game series in Seattle that starts Monday or, at the latest, during the following series against the Athletics at home. Hamilton has been out since tearing ligaments in his left thumb on April 8. (Bill Shaikin, Los Angeles Times)
- Giants: Have scratched RHP Matt Cain from his scheduled Monday start because of a strained hamstring. Yusmeiro Petit will start against the Cubs in his stead.
- Indians: 2B Jason Kipnis (oblique) is expected to come off the DL on Tuesday. (Paul Hoynes via Twitter)
- Mets: The team will likely place OF Eric Young Jr. on the DL and replace him on the active roster with Matt den Dekker . (Adam Rubin via Twitter)
- Phillies: Have placed 3B Cody Asche on the 15-day DL with a left hamstring strain.
- Red Sox: Have placed 1B Mike Napoli on the 15-day DL with a finger sprain.
- Tigers: 1B Miguel Cabrera exited Sunday's game with right hamstring cramps. He's day-to-day.
RUMORS, SPECULATION, NEWS, ETC.
- Rangers: Have asked the Nationals about the availability of 1B/OF Tyler Moore , reports MLB.com's Bill Ladson.
- Angels: Have demoted fifth starter Matt Shoemaker and recalled Wade LeBlanc to take his spot on the active roster.
- Padres: Have designated for assignment pitchers Blaine Boyer and Billy Buckner.
- Twins: Have optioned struggling 1B Chris Colabello back to Triple-A. In other moves, the Twins activated OF Josh Willingham from the DL and recalled OF Oswaldo Arcia .