Podcast: Mets, Indians preview
In this episode of the podcast, Chris and R.J. preview the Mets and the Indians. Is Matt Harvey a candidate for a huge breakout? Can the Indians contend in the AL Central?
In this episode of the podcast, Chris and R.J. preview the New York Mets and the Cleveland Indians . Is Matt Harvey a candidate for a huge breakout? Can the Indians contend in the AL Central? All relevant questions are dissected here.
- From the beginning: Is there any reason to worry about David Wright ’s recent injury issues?
- 1:50: How bad is this team’s outfield? Who will get playing time?
- 3:30: Will Ike Davis improve this year?
- 4:30: When will Travis d'Arnaud be up?
- 7:00: Will Johan Santana start 20 games this year? Is he a candidate to be dealt at the deadline?
- 10:00: Jonathon Niese will get the opening-day start. R.J. talks about what he sees in Niese.
- 11:30: Shaun Marcum is already dealing with shoulder problems. How much of a problem is that this year?
- 14:15: Will Matt Harvey emerge as the club’s ace this season? When will Mets’ fans see Zack Wheeler ?
- 18:15: Can Bobby Parnell stay in the closer role for the entire season?
- 19:20: R.J. makes a bold prediction about Matt Harvey and tells you where the Mets will finish in the NL East.
- 20:10: We move over to the Indians. The team added two big players during the offseason. R.J. talks about whether he liked the Michael Bourn and Nick Swisher deals.
- 21:00: What is the team’s best lineup?
- 22:00: Is Carlos Santana a bounce-back candidate?
- 23:15: Is R.J. buying Jason Kipnis ’ first-half performance, or second-half performance?
- 24:50: Are people forgetting about Lonnie Chisenhall ?
- 26:30: Can Justin Masterson rebound?
- 28:15: What about Ubaldo Jimenez ?
- 29:00: What are the expectations for Scott Kazmir ?
- 31:15: Is this the year Chris Perez gets dealt at the deadline?
- 32:50: R.J. makes a bold prediction about the Indians and tells you where they will finish in the AL Central.
- You can listen to the podcast in our popout player, which can be found here.
- We would also encourage you to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, and be sure to let us know what you think.
- This episode of the podcast runs a little under 35 minutes.