Podcast: Opening day bonanza
Chris and Jack discuss last night's game, and some of the early action from opening day.
In this episode of the podcast, Chris and Jack discuss last night’s game, and some of the early action from opening day.
- From the beginning: Opening day is here. We start with Elvis Andrus’ new contract. Is he worth it?
- 5:40: Game analysis begins with Yankees/Red Sox: Should we be concerned about CC Sabathia after one start? Should we feel better about Jon Lester and Jacoby Ellsbury?
- 10:22: Nationals/Marlins: How great was Bryce Harper? Are we upset that Stephen Strasburg was pulled after just 80 pitches?
- 16:00: Brewers/Rockies: Jack talks about the performances of Yovani Gallardo and Jhoulys Chacin, and breaks down what he saw from two relievers.
- 23:30: Cubs/Pirates: Jeff Samardzija and Anthony Rizzo gave the Cubs something to be optimistic about. Do we already have a closer controversy?
- 29:00: Mets/Padres: Is Edinson Volquez useful on the road? Can Yonder Alonso hit for more power?
- 34:00: We take a brief look at some of the afternoon games.
- 37:20: A look back at Astros/Rangers. Will Bo Porter continue to use pitching tandems? Should we buy Justin Maxwell as a legitimate player?
- You can listen to the podcast in our popout player, which can be found here.
- We would also encourage you to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, and be sure to let us know what you think.
- This episode of the podcast runs a little under 42 minutes.