VIDEO: Angel Pagan hits walkoff, inside-the-park home run
The Giants' Angel Pagan on Saturday hit just the 17th walk-off, inside-the-park homer since 1945. Here's the video.
For the ninth time this season, the San Francisco Giants went into extra innings on Saturday. It came against the Colorado Rockies. And the Rockies took a 5-4 lead in the top of the 10th inning on a solo homer off the bat of Troy Tulowitzki.
That was only the 17th walkoff, inside-the-park home run in baseball since 1945 (which is as far as that data goes back on Baseball-Reference.com -- and a big thanks to @GiantsNirvana on Twitter for tweeting out the link to the list).
Here are the previous walkoff, inside-the-park jobs:
- Pete Reiser, Dodgers, 5/11/1946
- Hoot Evers, Tigers, 6/23/1950
- Johnny Callison, Phillies, 6/11/1965
- Dick Allen, Phillies, 8/1/1966
- Paul Schaal, Angels, 8/2/1966
- Reggie Jackson, Athletics, 8/22/1971
- Ted Sizemore, Cardinals, 8/7/1972
- Richie Hebner, Pirates, 9/3/1973
- Toby Harrah, Rangers, 4/11/1977
- Amos Otis, Royals, 5/12/1978
- Willie Wilson, Royals, 6/9/1979
- Bob Dernier, Phillies, 5/15/1989
- Marquis Grissom, Expos, 8/1/1994
- Bobby Abreu, Phillies, 8/27/2000
- Ken Griffey Jr., Reds, 8/20/2001
- Rey Sanchez, Devil Rays, 6/11/2004
So add Pagan's name to that rather exclusive group. Just a hunch, but that'll probably be the rareest achievement of the weekend.