Who has gone the most plate appearances without a walk in 2013?
The season is more than two weeks old, so let's look at which players have the most plate appearances without a walk.
The 2013 season is two and a half weeks old now, so players have gotten most of their firsts out of the way. Position players have recorded their first hit, pitchers have made their first appearance, stuff like that. We're at the point where the guys who have not recorded their first whatever are more notable than the players who have filled up the stat sheet.
With an assist from the Baseball-Reference.com Play Index, here are the players with the most plate appearances who have yet to draw a walk. This does not include Thursday's action.
- Jeff Keppinger , Chicago White Sox -- 61 plate appearances
- Starlin Castro , Chicago Cubs -- 58
- Carlos Gomez , Milwaukee Brewers -- 50
- Dayan Viciedo , White Sox -- 46
- Erik Kratz , Philadelphia Phillies -- 46
- Chris Getz , Kansas City Royals -- 45
- A.J. Pollock , Arizona Diamondbacks -- 41
- Daniel Descalso , St. Louis Cardinals -- 40
- Welington Castillo , Cubs -- 39
- Collin Cowgill , New York Mets -- 35
The two Chicago teams are well-represented, but it's worth noting Castro drew not one, but two walks on Thursday afternoon. If we take him off the list, Erick Aybar of the Los Angeles Angels jumps on with 31 plate appearances.
Joey Votto , meanwhile, leads the majors with 22 walks in 71 plate appearances.
Our Latest Stories
A different kind of rain delay
Gray had been slated to pitch for Team USA but was denied insurance coverage
Axford is a big fan of "La La Land" -- will he flirt with perfection again?
Hamilton's chances of making the Rangers are worsening
Ventura was tragically killed in a car crash last month
The commemorative gloves come courtesy of Wilson