Conor McGregor applies for another boxing license, this time in Nevada

UFC superstar Conor McGregor continues to move closer to making his dream superfight with Floyd Mayweather a reality. McGregor made another step toward getting his deal done on Thursday by applying for a boxing license in the state of Nevada, Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett said via ESPN.

McGregor, who already applied and received a boxing license in California, still needs to provide some medical documents to complete the application, but he has started the process. 

The news comes on the heels of McGregor and UFC president Dana White announcing that they have agreed to terms on making the superfight with Mayweather happen, at least on their end. White will now head to Mayweather's team to try and put the final pieces together so the fight can go through.

The ironic part of McGregor applying for a boxing license in Nevada is that he said he didn't want to fight in Nevada again after receiving what was originally a $75,000 fine for his water bottle throwing incident with Nate Diaz last August. That has since been reduced to $25,000.

No date or location has been discussed yet for this potential fight, but White said earlier this month that the two sides were targeting Sept. 16, which has since been taken by the boxing match of the year in Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin.

The most likely location seems to be Las Vegas, but they would have the option to choose between California and Nevada if they ever do come to an agreement.

Show Comments Hide Comments
Our Latest Stories