The 2012 NBA Free Agency moratorium period begins Sunday morning at 12:01 a.m.. Between Sunday and Monday the 11th, teams are allowed to contact and negotiate with players, but not sign them until the 11th. That means meetings! And interest! And lots and lots of "reports" and "sources."
We'll keep you up to date on the latest with the free agent mania here at Buzz central.
July 1 -- 3:00 AM ET
- Yahoo Sports reports that the Boston Celtics are interested in Dallas Mavericks unrestricted free agent guard Jason Terry, as they assume unrestricted guard Ray Allen is headed out of town.
- Portland Trail Blazers unrestricted free agent guard Jamal Crawford was contacted by six suitors (Boston, Indiana, Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota, Philadelphia and Phoenix), according to CSNNW.com.
- The Los Angeles Lakers called unrestricted free agent guard Ramon Sessions on July 1 and also are eyeing Chauncey Billups, Jameer Nelson and Kirk Hinrich as possible point men, according to ESPNLA.com.
12:00 AM ET
- The Houston Rockets met with Omer Asik at midnight and according to the Chicago Tribune are planning to offer him a deal of around $8 million a year.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com: "In addition to Nets, the Celtics, Pacers and Suns are in the mix for unrestricted free agent O.J. Mayo, league source says."
- The Timberwolves met with Brandon Roy on Friday, according to the Star-Tribune.
11:20 PM ET
- Dwight Howard has reportedly informed the Magic he wants to be traded to the Nets.
- The Toronto Raptors are set to fly to New York to meet with Steve Nash on Sunday.
- The Hawks are reportedly shopping Joe Johnson, and in trade talks with the Nets about a deal.
6:30 PM ET
- Ray Allen is the Heat's top target. There's been word that Allen has cooled somewhat on Miami. That's one of the biggest remaining storylines.
- The Suns are going to make a run at Eric Gordon. He's restricted, so they're going to need some voodoo.
- Pacers are targeting Roy, Mayo, and Crawford. How's that song go? Shots, shots, shots, shots, shots!