The 2012 NBA Free Agency moratorium period began Sunday morning at midnight. Between Sunday and Monday the 11th, teams are allowed to contact and negotiate with players, but not sign them until the 11th. That means meetings! And interest! And lots and lots of "reports" and "sources."
We'll keep you up to date on the latest with the free agent mania here at Buzz central.
9:00 PM ET
- Are the Hawks now the leader for Dwight Howard? An ESPN.com report notes that Howard grew up in Atlanta and is close with Josh Smith as well as newly acquired Anthony Morrow.
- Via Sporting News, Jordan Hill could be headed to the Timberwolves.
- The Warriors will meet with Brandon Roy, via CSN Bay Area.
- Ryan Anderson, a restricted free agent, met with the Kings today, according to the Sac Bee.
- Derek Fisher is on the radar of the Bulls, Heat, Mavericks and Thunder, according to ESPN Chicago.
- Luis Scola's agent says a trade to the Lakers would be "welcome."
6:30 PM ET
- According to multiple reports, the Nets and Hawks are closing in on a blockbuster trade sending Joe Johnson to Brooklyn.
- The Hawks also have sent Marvin Williams to Utah in exchange for Devin Harris, reports ESPN.com.
- Sheridan Hoops reports that the Nets aren't entirely out of the Dwight Howard hunt.
- Teams interested in Goran Dragic: Rockets and Lakers.
2:30 PM ET
- The Washington Post reports that the Wizards have interest in John Lucas III, among others. The Wizards bringing in the volume shooter Lucas from Chicago would be pretty hilarious, considering their move away from young gunners and the fact that Jordan Crawford is slated as the two-guard alongside Bradley Beal. Crawford and Lucas could break the usage metric just with the two of them.
- The Lakers, Suns, Raptors and Knicks have interest in Grant Hill, via ESPN.
- The Chicago Tribune reports Tom Thibodeau called Brandon Roy to discuss the idea of him joining the Bulls.
12:30 PM ET
- A league source tells Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that the Nets are determined "not to wait around" for a Dwight Howard deal to come together.
- Doc Rivers on Boston re-signing Jeff Green: "We really want him back and I really think at the end of the day that he will be back because this is such a good fit for him. We need him back and we're trying to get him back. We can offer him more money."
- The Pistons are in discussions with Ukranian center Vyacheslav Kravtsov and will sign him on July 11, according to a release the team sent out.
- Stephen Curry won't be getting a contract extension this summer, according to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.
- The Bulls are working on signing Kirk Hinrich to the veteran minimum, according to the Chicago Tribune.
10:30 AM ET
- Magic GM Rob Hennigan: "Dwight mentioned he wanted to be traded and Brooklyn is where he wanted to go."
- Jeff Green is close to re-signing with the Celtics, via the Boston Globe. Green missed all of last season after heart surgery.
8:30 AM ET
- Dwight Howard says he'll only sign with one team. Who is the mystery team? Who knows, but I'm pretty sure it starts with an "N" and ends with an "ets."