The 2012 NBA Free Agency moratorium period began Sunday morning at midnight. Between Sunday and July 11th, teams are allowed to contact and negotiate with players, but not sign them until the 11th. That means meetings! And interest! And lots and lots of "reports" and "sources."
To see where all this offseason's free agents are landing, be sure to follow the Free Agency Tracker.
9:00 PM ET
- Heat owner Micky Arison tweets: "Its 2:30am in London and I was just woken up with great news. Welcome to the family #20!!" Meaning, Ray Allen is headed to the Heat.
5:00 PM ET
- Fox Sports Florida reports Marcus Camby could head to New York, Dallas, Miami or San Antonio.
3:50 PM ET
- According to ESPN.com, Ray Allen has met with the Heat and is deciding between the Heat and Celtics
- According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, the Thunder and representatives for James Harden, Eric Maynor and Serge Ibaka have started preliminary talks, but Berger says to expext a long process.
- The Raptors have withdrawn their qualifying offer to Jerryd Bayless, making him an unrestricted free agent, via ESPN.com.
- Berger reports that nothing new on the Dwight Howard trade front, but that the Rockets, Hawks, Nets, Lakers and Mavericks all are in play.
1:30 PM ET
- The Rockets announced they signed Donetas Montiejunas, the 20th overall pick in last year's draft.
- Portland's first round pick in 2009, Victor Claver, could be joining the Blazers very soon.
12:30 PM ET
- According to NBA.com, the Nuggets are continuing to "grind it out" with JaVale McGee.
- Pau Gasol: "It is an attractive idea to retire playing with FC Barcelona."
- If the Nets were to land Dwight Howard, it would cost them over $107 million in luxury tax payments, according to the NY Daily News.
12:00 PM ET
- Elton Brand has been amnestied by the 76ers. The Mavs, according to ESPN, are an early frontrunner for him.
- Another team interested in Brand, but only if he clears waivers is the Nets, according to NBA.com.
- Lou Williams tweets: "Philly, I appreciate you all. Unfortunately I will not be coming back, as an organization they decided to move in a different direction."
- Anthony Randolph will visit Atlanta and Dallas, according to Yahoo! Sports.
- The Bobcats and Warriors have expressed interest in Antawn Jamison, according to Yahoo! Sports.
- The Nets have reportedly emerged as a frontrunner for Derek Fisher.
- The Wolves and Nicolas Batum have a four-year, $45 million offer sheet and he said he would prefer to sign in Minnesota.
- Brandon Roy is back as he's signed a two-year deal with the Wolves.