The Grizzlies announced Sunday that former agent, 76ers owner and current MLS DC United owner Jason Levien has joined the team as CEO and managing partner of the team in the aftermath of Robert Pera and Co. taking ownership last week via USA Today.
Levien has done, well, a lot. From his bio provided by the Grizzlies, Levien has been:
- A clerk for the U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit;
- An attorney at Williams & Connolly and Greenberg Traurig LP;
- Adjunct professor at the University of California Berkeley Law School and at the University of Michigan;
- A sports agent;
- An executive with the Kings;
- An owner of the Philadelphia 76ers;
- An owner of the MLS club DC United.