|"Ben Folds Five" wants in with the Bobcats. (Getty Images)|
Over the weekend, alternative rock-indie rocker Ben Folds tweeted:
My band Ben Folds Five are from NC and would like to volunteer to be pit band at a@bobcats game this season— benjamin folds (@BenFolds) November 5, 2012
Folds, the author of hit songs like "Brick" and "Rockin' the Suburbs," actually got a response back from the Bobcats, and now there are wheels in motion to make this happen.
- The opening to "Annie Waits" would be a tremendous replacement for "The Cha Cha Slide" by DJ Casper ("Everybody clap yo' hands!") and the traditional "Charge!" music.
- Playing "Brick" would not be appropriate under any circumstances; can we just get that out of the way?
- The audience participation thing that he does at the end of "Not the Same" should absolutely be used during opponent free throw attempts.
- Folds is known for eclectic covers. I can only assume he'll toss in "Gangnam Style" since I'm pretty sure it's federal law that it has to be played during the game.
- His kiss-cam selection would reign above all.
- He should play the chorus of "Army" during timeouts.