Amar'e Stoudemire held a conference call Thursday regarding a documentary airing about him called "Amar'e Stoudemire: In the Moment." During the call he said that there is still no timetable for his return, but he maintains hope he can play in the postseason. From Newsday:
There is no timetable set on my return, Stoudemire said on a conference call Thursday. "Hopefully I can return soon enough for the postseason. I'm gearing toward that. If not, I'm going to make sure I'm ready and a hundred percent.
Stoudemire also talked about the inevitability of the injury, according to the Daily News:
Amar'e admits it was a matter of time before his knees gave out which is exactly what the Phoenix Suns' doctors said.— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) March 28, 2013
So that's not great news. The Knicks gave Stoudemire a $100 million uninsured contract in 2010 after the Suns declined to provide the same. Stoudemire underwent microfracture surgery earlier in his career and has struggled with the knee injury the past two years. He's played in just 29 games this season and may not play again this year.
A frustrating turn for a player the Knicks had turned to as a franchise cornerstone.