Lamar Odom leaves L.A. hospital for private facility, family says
Former Lakers star Lamar Odom's condition has improved enough since October overdose for him to be transferred to a private care facility.
Former NBA star Lamar Odom has been in a Los Angeles hospital since being transferred there in October following his near-fatal overdose at a Nevada brothel. The Associated Press reports that Odom has left the hospital and has moved to a "private facility," per a family statement.
Former NBA star Lamar Odom has been transferred from a Los Angeles hospital to a private facility. But there's no word on his condition, three months after he was found unconscious and in critical condition at a Nevada brothel.
Family spokeswoman Alvina Alston said Friday that Odom was released from the hospital earlier in the week. Alston says Odom's family is proud of what's termed his "miraculous and continued improvement" but isn't providing details of his condition.
Source: The Associated Press.
Odom, 36, has received a consistent outpouring of support from the NBA community following the overdose, which followed several years of reported drug abuse after Odom suffered multiple tragedies in his personal life.
Our Latest Stories
He says it's because the players pitched him on "what they were about."
Star forward becomes third member of the superstar Triad to leave the Heat with negative f...
Cleveland needs a point guard to replace Mo Williams
Philadelphia is entering training camp with three young centers on the roster
Tyronn Lue used an unique method to motivate his team down 3-1 in the Finals
Andre Iguodala sounds ecstatic to have Kevin Durant around