NBA Awards Show: Full results, complete list of winners as Westbrook takes MVP
The OKC star took MVP honors while Draymond Green was named Defensive Player of the Year
For the first time ever, the NBA hosted an end-of-the season awards show, as the league's elite, as well as family, friends, and media gathered on Monday night in New York City to find out the recipients of the top honors.
Hosted by Drake, who did a pretty solid job, the event had its ups and downs, but was mostly a success, thanks in large part to NBA big men he'd "kick their a--," as well as emotional speeches from Monty Williams and Russell Westbrook., telling some fellow
That emotional speech from Westbrook was an MVP speech, as the Thunder point guard took home the league's highest honor for his historic season, in which he averaged a triple-double, while setting all sorts of records in the progress.
Here is the full list of award winners:
- Draymond Green
- Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Eric Gordon
- Malcolm Brogdon
- Executive of the Year: Bob Myers
- Sager Strong Award: Monty Williams
- Twyman-Stokes Teammate of the Year: Dirk Nowitzki
- Best Style: Russell Westbrook
- Assists of the Year: Stephen Curry/Draymond Green
- Block of the Year: Kawhi Leonard
- Dunk of the Year: Victor Oladipo
- Sportsmanship Award: Kemba Walker
- Game-Winner of the Year: Russell Westbrook
- Performance of the Year: Klay Thompson
- Playoff Moment: Kevin Durant
Relive the best moments from our live blog coverage here:
Warriors, who are not leaning on taxpayers for the arena, plan to pay back the fee after 30...
In a documentary short, Redick explains part of the reason he left the Clippers for the 76...
The Cavs are reportedly nearing a deal with Rose, but the Lakers will try to persuade him to...
The former NBA All-Star launched a successful second career overseas
Tom Thibodeau confirmed locking up Wiggins is the next step for Minnesota after a busy sum...
Rose may soon be off the market. Will he play for the Cavs, or will it be the Lakers ... or...