NBA trade deadline news and rumors: 2.20.14
All the latest NBA trade deadline news, notes and rumors.
It's deadline day! Here's your one-stop shop for all trade news and rumors as it happens around the league today.
3:33 PM ET
- Hold on! One more! According to Yahoo Sports, the Pacers have traded Danny Granger to the 76ers for a package that includes Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen.
3:05 PM ET
- To recap this very uneventful trade deadline: Pau Gasol wasn't traded. Rajon Rondo wasn't traded. Kyle Lowry wasn't traded. Carmelo Anthony wasn't traded. Heck, not even Jordan Hill was traded. The biggest impact deal was probably Andre Miller going to the Wizards a three-teamer, or Gary Neal to the Bobcats, or Spencer Hawes to the Cavaliers. Steve Blake going to the Warriors last night was kind of important, I guess.
3:03 PM ET
- The Spurs have traded guard Nando De Colo to the Raptors for Austin Daye, according to Yahoo Sports.
3:00 PM ET
- Pencils down! The deadline has officially passed, but again, sometimes trades roll in a little after the final buzzer. And let's hope so because goodness, this was a boring trade deadline if not.
2:59 PM ET
- The Suns are standing pat, according to USA Today.
2:56 PM ET
- The Clippers and Knicks are going down to the wire discussing a possible Iman Shumpert deal, according to multiple reports.
- In other news, the Clippers have traded Antawn Jamison to the Hawks, according to ESPN.com.
2:55 PM ET
- Just five minutes until the trade deadline ends. However, deals don't often become public until well after, sometimes even 30 minutes. So stay tuned.
2:47 PM ET
- Per USA Today, the Thunder are no longer interested in Iman Shumpert.
2:45 PM ET
- According to ESPN.com, the Clippers are having one final talk on whether or not to go forward with Iman Shumpert.
2:40 PM ET
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Lakers don't have any deal working for Pau Gasol and are set to keep him.
2:30 PM ET
- Iman Shumpert's sprained MCL is "very mild," according to USA Today.
2:27 PM ET
- Per Ken Berger of CBSSports.com: "The Lakers' efforts to dump Jordan Hill and Chris Kaman to get under tax stalled when they couldn't secure a second-round pick for either one."
2:22 PM ET
- After acquiring Steve Blake, the Warriors are shopping guard Jordan Crawford according to Yahoo Sports.
2:15 PM ET
- The talk of the J.J. Barea heading to Cleveland for Jarrett Jack is "not likely" according to Yahoo Sports.
2:08 PM ET
- Per ESPN.com, nothing has changed in the talks between the Suns and Lakers regarding Pau Gasol.
2:00 PM ET
- According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, Jarrett Jack is likely to stay with the Cavs.
1:55 PM ET
- According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, an MRI revealed a sprained MCL for Iman Shumpert.
1:50 PM ET
- Per Bleacher Report, the Nets' attempt at Jordan Hill "hasn't left the starting blocks."
1:40 PM ET
- The Nuggets have traded Jordan Hamilton to the Rockets for Aaron Brooks, according to Yahoo Sports.
- The Nets may pass on Jordan Hill, per NBA.com. Momentum on that front has "cooled."
1:25 PM ET
- ESPN.com reports the Iman Shumpert-to-OKC deal isn't likely, with the two teams talking last night before the guard's knee injury.
- The Celtics don't have any "traction" on any deals, according to Yahoo Sports.
1:10 PM ET
- The Nuggets are talking with a number of teams about Jordan Hamilton, according to Yahoo Sports.
- ESPN.com reports that a lot is riding on Iman Shumpert's MCL injury as both the Clippers and Thunder are interested in him.
1:06 PM ET
- Rick Carlisle: "I'm concentrating on our team. I don't think we're going to do anything."
- Per Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, discussions between the Cavs and Clippers about Reggie Bullock and Tyler Zeller have hit a snag.
- The Cavs and Wizards had talks about swapping Luol Deng for Trevor Ariza, but those talks never picked up steam, reports the Akron Beacon-Journal.
1:04 PM ET
- After missing out on Andre Miller, the Timberwolves are now reaching out to the Cavs about Jarrett Jack, according to NBA.com.
12:30 PM ET
- The Wizards, 76ers and Nuggets have completed a three-team deal sending Eric Maynor to Philly, Andre Miller to D.C. and Jan Vesely to Denver.
12:25 PM ET
- The Bobcats have acquired Gary Neal and Luke Ridnour for Ramon Sessions.
12:18 PM ET
- According to Yahoo Sports, in the proposed deal sending Andre Miller to the Wizards, Eric Maynor would not end up with the Nuggets.
12:13 PM ET
- The Nuggets and Wizards are engaged in discussions that would send Andre Miller to D.C. for Jan Vesely and Eric Maynor to Denver, according to Yahoo Sports.
12:09 PM ET
- According to Grantland, opposing executives believe the Pistons are shopping Josh Smith, but want more than just expiring deals.
12:04 PM ET
- Lakers are said to still be mulling over a few Jordan Hill offers, but a few are dying according to ESPN LA.
11:52 AM ET
- The Pacers have tested the market for Danny Granger but haven't found a deal, according to ESPN.com.
11:40 AM ET
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Bobcats are closing in on a deal for Gary Neal.
- The Clippers and Cavs have had discussions about a deal involving Tyler Zeller for Reggie Bullock, according to ESPN.com.
11:20 AM ET
- According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, the Heat will trade Roger Mason Jr. to the Kings for cash, who are expected to then waive the veteran guard.
- According to the Boston Herald, the Celtics see themselves as secondary trade partners for teams that don't work out bigger, more aggressive deals.
11:15 AM ET
- The Heat are "aggressively" trying to move Roger Mason Jr. to create a roster spot, and may have found a taker, according to ESPN.com.
11:05 AM ET
- According to USA Today, one of the teams you can cross off in the Jimmer Fredette chase is the Thunder, who are said to not be interested.
10:55 AM ET
- The Knicks are still trying to complete a deal for Darren Collison, according to ESPN.com.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Bulls, who are just barely under the luxury tax, are comfortable holding where they're at.
10:51 AM ET
- The Cavs will also send Earl Clark to the 76ers as part of the Spencer Hawes deal, according to NBA.com.
10:30 AM ET
- The Wizards tried to acquire Luol Deng before the Cavs got him, and are back on the prowl again for him according to ESPN.com.
- The Pelicans are backing off their interest of Jordan Hill, according to Yahoo Sports.
10:18 AM ET
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com: "Cleveland has to send back salary to Philly in Spencer Hawes deal. Stay tuned on that front."
10:10 AM ET
- The Thunder had reportedly been tied to interest in Gary Neal, but USA Today reports they don't have any.
- The Kings are shopping Jimmer Fredette for a 2014 second rounder, according to Yahoo Sports.
10:00 AM ET
- As Ken Berger of CBSSports.com notes, the 76ers are now $11.7 million under the salary cap floor meaning they have some pending moves to make today.
9:45 AM ET
- According to Yahoo Sports, the 76ers will trade Spencer Hawes to the Cavs for two second round picks.
9:30 AM ET
- Kevin Durant on the trade deadline: “I don't think anyone in this group is on the trade wire. I hope not.”
- The Cavs are talking to lots of teams, but according to ESPN.com they've emerged as a new candidate to land Spencer Hawes.
9:00 AM ET
- The Kings are in discussions with the Cavaliers about a deal sending Jason Thompson to Cleveland for Jarrett Jack, according to ESPN.com.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports the Magic are considering standing pat at the deadline.
- Berger also reports the 76ers, who were once after a first round pick for Evan Turner, may now consider taking a second rounder as part of a package.
- ESPN.com reports the Bobcats are "pressing" for Bucks' guard Gary Neal.
- The Lakers are seeking a second round pick for Jordan Hill, along with dumping his salary. The Pelicans, Nets and Hawks all have Disabled Player Exceptions, and are currently in play.
- The NY Post reports the Thunder have "expressed interest" in Iman Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr., though the latter is almost considered "untouchable" at this point.
- Shumpert sprained his MCL last night, which may impact his trade status.
- The Suns "aren't close to anything" and may choose to stand pat, according to USA Today.
Our Latest Stories
Could Kevin Garnett be helping to coach LeBron in Cleveland?
KD and Klay can't seem to miss a shot for about 75 seconds
The recently retired Kevin Garnett joined Doc Rivers and Clippers for practice on Thursday
They don't need to run necessarily but at least get the offense going much quicker
This should sideline him for quite some time
After LeBron and Curry, it gets more difficult than you might think