Rondo says he hasn't talked with Melo about teaming up
There's been speculation and mild chatter about Rajon Rondo and Carmelo Anthony discussing a future partnership together, most likely in New York. Though Rondo says that's not accurate.
You can put the Rajon Rondo-to-New-York talk on ice. At least for now.
Now it's Rondo's turn to shoot it down.
“People talk, media talk, people make up rumors, people run with them,” Rondo said after the Celtics’ shootaround Tuesday before they played the Brooklyn Nets.
“That’s about it. I haven’t spoken to him. He ain’t contacted me. It’s just rumors.”
When asked if Boston is home and he is a Celtic, Rondo said, “I’m a Celtic right now.”
The Celtics have been said to accept an offer sending out long-term veteran players for Amar'e Stoudemire, but that doesn't have anything to do with Rondo.
Rondo hasn't been cleared to return to practice quite yet, telling the team's official site on Wednesday, "I’m confident, but like I said, I haven’t practiced or anything so it’s hard to say." But he does appear to be closing in, as his timetable would suggest.
Rondo is signed through the 2014-15 season and while there's been plenty of speculation of how he'd get along with new coach Brad Stevens and if he's part of the long-term rebuilding plan in Boston, nothing seems to suggest, at last right now, that he's angling for a way out of town.
Kerr's health situation is worse than previously thought
Golden State has a 3-0 lead heading to Portland on Saturday
The playoffs are starting to heat up
Our experts predict every series in the 2017 NBA postseason
Our NBA experts predict the first round of the NBA postseason
The Warriors continue to roll without Durant