LAS VEGAS -- A luxury casino on the Las Vegas Strip said Sunday the NBA should not have been included in a $50,000 lawsuit filed this month for an unpaid convention bill from 2007 All-Star week.
Casino spokeswoman Jennifer Dunne of the Wynn Las Vegas said the lawsuit seeking payment from the NBA and a player's charity should have only been filed against Alonzo Mourning Charities, Inc., not against NBA Entertainment and NBA Properties.
Dunne said an "administrative error" led to the mistake, and it would be promptly corrected Monday.
The casino alleges in the lawsuit filed June 16 in Clark County District Court that the charity used convention and meeting space for a fundraiser during the All-Star week. According to a fan website for Mourning and an online promotional video, a charity billiards tournament and silent auction were held at Wynn Las Vegas on Feb. 15, 2007.
Alonzo Mourning Charities did not immediately respond to a phone call seeking comment from the Associated Press late Sunday.
Mourning is a 15-year NBA veteran who played last season with the Miami Heat. His contract with the Heat ends Monday.
Wynn Las Vegas last month recovered a $400,000 gambling debt from retired basketball star Charles Barkley after filing a lawsuit.
After the media reported on the lawsuit, Barkley quickly repaid the debt, plus $40,000 in district attorney's fees for the case.