|The Ravens are your Super Bowl XLVII champs. (Ryan Wilson, CBSSports.com)|
So this was the scene at the Superdome moments after the Ravens beat the 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII. We took this photo from the auxiliary press box in the upper deck. Nothing particularly compelling since we were hundreds of feet above the field. But when you zoom in to various parts of the frame the story becomes much more interesting. (Click on the individual images below to enlarge.)
1. Bernard Pollard takes a knee near the 30.
2. Frank Gore walks to midfield while Alex Smith looks on.
3. Matt Birk celebrates in the upper left of the frame while Ed Reed does the same in the lower right.
4. Owner Steve Bisciotti takes it all in.
5. Torrey Smith has arms outstretched in the upper left while Joe Flacco and Ray Rice find themselves in the middle of the celebratory scrum.
6. Ma'ake Kemoeatu looks skyward while coaches hug to his left.
A lot was made of the postgame handshake because, well, a lot is always made of the postgame handshake. It didn't hurt that it was between two brothers -- including one who's had issues with midfield salutations in the past. Here's a bird's-eye view of how Jim and John found each other after the final whistle. (Again, click each individual image to enlarge.)
1. John is still in the mass of humanity near the 45 while Jim makes his way from the near hashmark.
2. A 49ers official points Jim to where John is.
3. The two brothers share a brief moment before going their separate ways.