Some news and notes from the New York Jets' workout on Sunday:
- QBs Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow each had an unproductive day Sunday, going just 1-7 and prompting coach Rex Ryan to joke, "I hope we can run the ball."
- The Jets ran the ball 22 straight times in the first 11-on-11 drill.
- Sunday was the Jets first day in pads since the end of the 2011 season. "As a coach, you look forward to it," Ryan said.
- S LaRon Landry was in uniform, but didn't participate as he remains on a "pitch count" rehabbing his Achilles injury.
- T Jeff Otah continues to work with trainers on the sideline. Otah needs to pass his physical by Tuesday or the trade with Carolina will be voided. He said he's improving every day, but is concerned with the looming deadline.
- The kicking battle continues with Josh Brown and Nick Folk fairly even. Folk made three of five attempts on Sunday, while Brown made three of four. Folk got a do-over on his last kick, a 46-yarder, when the first one riccocheted off the right goal post.
- Fan turnout was strong, but quieter than expected. Other than a few cheers here and there, the crowd was fairly subdued.