|Now that the domestic violence charge against Dez Bryant has been conditionally dismissed, the Cowboys' wide receiver says he is eager to concentrate on football. (US Presswire)|
But it's one Bryant can start to put behind him after his domestic violence charge from July was conditionally dismissed this week.
“I'm extremely excited we came to an agreement,” Bryant said Thursday in the Cowboys' locker room. “I'm just going to do what I need to do to continue to be a great teammate, a great person and a great player, as well.”
The charges will be dropped if Bryant completes anger management counseling and stays out of trouble for a year.
Bryant was arrested 10 days before the start of training camp after an alleged altercation with his mother, Angela, who soon dropped the charges against her son. However, the Dallas County district attorney's office chose to leave the case open with further investigation.
Now the two sides have agreed to this deal, something that Bryant admits is a relief considering how long it lingered.
“It bothered me a little bit,” Bryant said. “But it's over now. I really feel comfortable and I'm ready to stay focused on football and keep my mind on that and nothing else.”
Bryant is second on the team with 45 catches for 590 yards and three touchdowns, including a clutch game-tying score at Philadelphia last week that helped propel the Cowboys to a 38-23 win over the Eagles.
“I just feel better, man,” Bryant said. “It's done and it's over with.”