|Fujita meeting with NFL canceled. (US Presswire)|
Former Saints linebacker Scott Fujita's meeting with league officials has been canceled, a league source with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora on Tuesday morning. The source indicates that the meeting will be rescheduled.
Fujita, one of four suspended players in the Saints' bounty scandal case (along with Jonathan Vilma, Anthony Hargrove and Will Smith), had been scheduled to have a video conference on Tuesday. The sides had been discussing an arrangement other than an in-person interview. Fujita's name didn't appear in the declaration made by former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, sources told La Canfora, and Fujita has denied many of the accusations against him.
Smith and Hargrove also had meetings with the league set for Tuesday. Smith and Hargrove are in New York, where the league office is located. But Smith is sick, sources said. The status of his meeting possibly could change.
Fujita, currently a member of the Cleveland Browns, last played for the Saints in 2009.