On Tuesday, Broncos head of football operations John Elway said this about outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil, who had been released four days earlier because of the Great Fax Scandal of 2013: "We've offered Elvis a contract. We'd like to have Elvis back."
Dumervil had said previously that he'd like to return to Denver where he would have made $8 million next season had '80s technology not conspired against him. But it appears that the Broncos' latest offer doesn't approach the previous one and Dumervil was predictably underwhelmed, according to the Denver Post's Mike Klis.
|NFL offseason news|
Whether it's Dumervil or another player, the Broncos are in the market for a pass-rusher to line up opposite Von Miller, and that's why they're reportedly scheduled to meet Thursday with John Abraham and Dwight Freeney.
Abraham, 34, is a 14-year veteran who spent the last seven seasons with the Falcons after beginning his career with the Jets. He registered 10 sacks in 2012 and has 32.5 sacks since 2010. Freeney is 33 and spent his entire 12-year career with the Colts. He averaged 9.4 sacks a season from 2004-2010, but registered 8.5 in '11, and just five in '12 after moving from defensive end to outside linebacker in coach Chuck Pagano's new defense.