The 2013 NFL season kicks off at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday when the Broncos host the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens. If for some reason you decide at the last second you want to be at Sports Authority Field for the game, it'd only set you back $85 on Stubhub.
That's the fourth most expensive 'get-in' price for any Week 1 game.
So what's the most expensive get-in price for Week 1? You guessed it, Bengals-Bears. As a quick aside, you probably didn't guess it because why would anyone guess that, that was like my seventh guess.
The cheapest ticket for the Bengals-Bears game -- being played in Chicago -- is $120. That's $16 more expensive than the second-highest ticket (Green Bay at San Francisco) and one of only three games where the get-in price is over $100. Atlanta at New Orleans is the only other game where the cheapest ticket is going for over $100.
There are really only three logical reasons for why the Bengals-Bears game is so expensive and it's hard to pinpoint exactly which reason makes the most sense.
Either Marc Trestman has a lot of friends coming from Canada, people in Chicago are actually excited about the Bears or Bengals fans have decided to make the five-hour drive from Cincinnati to Chicago to get away from their city, which smells like chili.
Whatever the reason is, Bengals-Bears isn't going to be cheap to get into, so you may just want to stay home and watch it on TV.
Not every game is expensive though.
If you own a VCR, you could probably sell it on Craigslist and make enough money to afford a ticket to the Rams-Cardinals game being played in St. Louis. Tickets to that game were going for $15 on Thursday morning.
If you live in Jacksonville, offer to babysit your neighbor's kids for two hours on Saturday and that should be good enough to earn you the $17 needed for one ticket to the Chiefs-Jaguars game on Sunday. Also, I should note that I have no idea what prevailing babysitting rates are in Jacksonville and my $8.50 per hour estimate seems way off, but lets move on.
Here's the lowest ticket price on Stubhub for each Week 1 game as of 5 a.m. ET on Thursday. The second price is the lowest price on the NFL ticket exchange run by Ticketmaster. Keep in mind, ticket prices change often.
1. Cincinnati at Chicago: $157.10 -- $120
2. Atlanta at New Orleans: $122 -- $102
3. Green Bay at San Francisco: $121 -- $104
4. Baltimore at Denver: $85 -- $78
5. Miami at Cleveland: $64 -- $50
6. New England at Buffalo: $61 -- $64
7. Tampa Bay at NY Jets: $58 -- $58
8. Philadelphia at Washington: $55 -- $93
9. Houston at San Diego: $38 -- $52
10. Tennessee at Pittsburgh: $35 -- $70
11. Minnesota at Detroit: $34 -- $36
12. Seattle at Carolina: $33 -- $34
13. NY Giants at Dallas: $28 -- $28
14. Oakland at Indianapolis: $21 -- $52
15. Kansas City at Jacksonville: $17 -- $35
16. Arizona at St. Louis: $15 -- $40
Follow John Breech on Google+