A large portion of Sunday's NFL news cycle was devoted to Jonathan Martin's situation with the Dolphins. Martin left the team last week, but Sunday morning CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported that Dolphins guard Richie Incognito was the "ring leader" of the treatment that drove him away. Sunday night La Canfora reported Incognito was told by the Fins he'd been suspended indefinitely.
Dolphins have informed Richie Incognito he is suspended indefinitely for his treatment of teammate Jonathan Martin— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) November 4, 2013
“The Miami Dolphins have suspended Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team," Miami said in a statement. "We believe in maintaining a culture of respect for one another and as a result we believe this decision is in the best interest of the organization at this time. As we noted earlier, we reached out to the NFL to conduct an objective and thorough review. We will continue to work with the league on this matter."
The Dolphins announced on Sunday they were investigating what happened after being informed by Martin's representation of allegations for player misconduct.
This was odd considering that a few hours earlier on Sunday the Dolphins released a statement that any accusations of "bullying are based on speculation."
Shortly after that Incognito went on a Twitter rant against various media outlets, alleging they were dragging his name through the mud and "slandering" him.
It remains to be seen what the outcome of the investigation will be, but Incognito being suspended indefinitely certainly doesn't bode well for the way the Dolphins perceive his role in the Martin issue.