Governor John Hickenlooper clearly put a lot of thought behind which mountain to assign to each player.
Peyton Manning obviously earned the tallest peak, Mt. Elbert and appropriately enough, Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton was given Mt. Massive.
Some more of the best:
- Duke Ihenacho is Castle Peak because "only a duke could vanquish a castle-like offense."
- Matt Prater is Long Peak because "he kicks ‘em long (set an NFL record with a 64-yard field goal vs. Tennessee)."
- Brock Osweiler is Crestone Needle because "at 6 feet, 8 inches', he makes all opponents appear as thin as this 14er."
- Mike Adams is Maroon Peak because "he maroons opponents due to his tackling prowess (posted a game-high nine tackles and intercepted a pass that led to a Broncos touchdown in Houston)."
- Julius Thomas is Sunshine Peak because "he always makes himself available to find the sunshine through the defenders and make the catch."
- Sione Fua is Mt. Eolus because he has "an eloquent name, like this peak."
You can check out the full list here.
(CBS wink of the eye to ABC News)