New Giants running back Rashad Jennings has everything going for him in 2014.
1. He escaped Oakland.
2. He's the clear-cut starter on a team committed to the power running game.
3. The Giants signed three offensive linemen, all of whom have been starters, and are expected to add more via the draft.
3. Jennings just turned 29 but has little tread on his tires: 387 career carries.
4. Jennings averaged 2.8 yards after contact per carry last year, which ranked sixth in the NFL. Among RBs who got 60 percent or more of their team's carries, Jennings placed second.
5. He did not drop any of the 36 catchable passes thrown his way, per Pro Football Focus. (Darren Sproles is the only other back who can make that claim). In his entire career, Jennings has four drops and 97 catches.
6. He's averaged 4.3 yards per carry in his career and is rock solid in pass protection.
Jennings is currently going mid- to late-5th round in mock drafts on fantasyfootballcalculator.com. Senior Fantasy Writer Jamey Eisenberg calls Jennings one of his free agency winners, saying he's a "high-reward option" in Round 6.
In a seven-game stretch last season after he took over for Darren McFadden, the back Oakland foolishly kept instead, Jennings put up double-digit Fantasy points five times.