2014 NFL Mock Draft: Bortles moves back up as top pick for Texans
The Texans going with QB Blake Bortles with the top pick makes too much sense, even though Jadeveon Clowney was sensational during his pro day.
We are inside of 30 days until the NFL Draft.
How many more mock drafts can one do? Each week, with more and more information and evaluation, I try to shake things up with my mock. This week, I am back to putting Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles in as the top pick to Houston.
Even though Jadeveon Clowney was sensational at his pro day, and his tape is even better, I think the Texans will go quarterback -- for now, anyway.
Let's just be glad we have less than a month to go before these mocks actually matter. Whose great idea was it to move this thing to May anyway?
1. Houston Texans -- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida: I am back on the quarterback bandwagon for the Texans. It makes too much sense.
2. St. Louis Rams -- Greg Robinson, T, Auburn: They have to get better up front. This kid would help in a big way.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Clemson: Gus Bradley says you can never have enough pass rushers. Well, here's another.
4. Cleveland Browns -- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: Now if they only had a quarterback. The Nate Burleson signing wouldn't change this.
5. Oakland Raiders -- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M: He visited this week, and it makes too much sense. Matt Schaub isn't the answer.
6. Atlanta Falcons -- Jake Matthews, T, Texas A&M: They could go for Khalil Mack, but they need to protect Matt Ryan .
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo: They need to get help outside on the edge for their pass rush to go with Michael Johnson .
8. Minnesota Vikings -- Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech: They will wait to take a quarterback until the second round.
9. Buffalo Bills -- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina: He has the type of speed down the field that creates match-up problems for a defense.
10. Detroit Lions -- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State: They have to get better outside with their pass coverage.
11. Tennessee Titans -- Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA: Pass rush. Pass rush. Pass rush. They need help. He would help.
12. New York Giants -- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M: He would be a nice big target to add outside with Hakeem Nicks moving on.
13. St. Louis Rams -- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama: I just think their back end needs upgrading in the worst way.
14. Chicago Bears -- Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh: They've added some nice pieces at end, so why not one more inside?
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan: Their line has struggled at tackle for a long time. It's time to fix it.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State: He fits what they do as a defense. It just makes sense.
17. Baltimore Ravens -- Zak Martin, G-T, Notre Dame: He can play either guard or tackle, which would give the Ravens some flexibility.
18. New York Jets -- Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State: Their corner situation is a mess. They need to find a top-level cover player.
19. Miami Dolphins -- C.J. Mosley , LB, Alabama: I've had him here for a while, and I will keep it thart way. Could also consider an offensive lineman.
20. Arizona Cardinals -- Kony Ealy, OLB-DE, Missouri: I will keep him in this spot for now since they need to get an outside rusher in their 3-4.
21. Green Bay Packers -- Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State: He would add some much-needed speed to the linebackers.
22. Philadelphia Eagles -- Odell Beckham, WR, LSU: They might consider Kelvin Benjamin here, but I think Beckham offers more speed.
23. Kansas City Chiefs --Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State: They have to get help for Dwayne Bowe . It's as simple as that.
24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: He is a cocky, athletic kid who would fit what they need in an aging corner group.
25. San Diego Chargers -- Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame: They have to get stronger in the middle of their defense. (Watch: Louis Nix is on an insane diet)
26. Cleveland Browns -- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: They wait and end up with a quarterback who has what some say is top-10 talent.
27. New Orleans Saints -- Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn: He has the speed off the edge they have to get.
28. Carolina Panthers -- Morgan Moses, T, Virginia: The left tackle spot has to be a priority. This is a kid moving up boards.
29. New England Patriots -- Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville: Don't even think that Patrick Chung solves issues on the back end. Pryor could.
30. San Francisco 49ers -- Marqise Lee, WR, USC: Why his stock is falling is a mystery. The 49ers need weapons.
31. Denver Broncos -- Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU: They have to get more athletic at linebacker. He could help.
32. Seattle Seahawks -- Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU: I will keep him here since they need a big red-zone target.
Will NFL scouts be as excited about Hurd as his size, speed and production suggests?
The Packers quarterback is a big fan of the Sherriff
Anthony Davis wants to return to the 49ers after taking a year off
Schneider is expected to be one of the two highest paid general managers in the NFL
Roger Goodell will have 'absolute discretion' for any team that violates its concussion pr...
A pair of Jets defensive ends and wide receivers and a pair of Pats TEs also highlight our...