2014 NFL Mock Draft: Falcons make move to land Jadeveon Clowney
Pete Prisco: We've spent months trying to guess what the Texans will do at No. 1. Add more picks in a trade while the Falcons pounce on Jadeveon Clowney.
The Atlanta Falcons need a pass rusher. The best in this draft is South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney.
That's why I think the Falcons will make a move to go up and get him, making a deal with the Houston Texans for the top overall pick. Houston can trade back to Atlanta's sixth spot and pick up extra picks.
There is growing talk in league circles that the Texans will move back. They could then either draft a top offensive lineman, maybe a quarterback or even a pass rusher (Khalil Mack maybe)?
So for this mock draft, which is my 10th, I will include that trade.
There are just two more weeks to go before the real draft. It feels like 10.
1. Atlanta Falcons (trade with Houston Texans): Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: The Falcons need an elite pass rusher, so they make the big move.
2. St. Louis Rams -- Greg Robinson, T, Auburn: He's a difference maker on the offensive line. He could play left guard for a year.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo: As Gus Bradley says, you can never have enough pass rushers. Mack can be special.
4. Cleveland Browns -- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: Speed kills. He has it. Some say he's the next Julio Jones.
5. Oakland Raiders -- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M: It just makes sense. They need a quarterback, and he will liven things up.
6. Houston Texans (from Atlanta) -- Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida: They trade down and still land one of the top quarterbacks, plus extra picks.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M: They lack a real threat opposite Vincent Jackson, who isn't a kid anyway.
8. Minnesota Vikings -- Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech: They can wait to take a quarterback later in the draft.
9. Buffalo Bills -- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina: The vertical threat in the middle of the field will really help EJ Manuel.
10. Detroit Lions -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: He has amazing athletic ability and his 2012 tape was really good.
11. Tennessee Titans -- Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA: He's an edge rusher who can help liven up a pass rush that needs it.
12. New York Giants -- Jake Matthews, T, Texas A&M: They need help on their line and the value would be good here.
13. St. Louis Rams -- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State: They need to get a third corner to go with Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins.
14. Chicago Bears -- Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh: I will keep him in this spot for now.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan: The value would be good for a team that could use him.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, S, Alabama: He has a chance to be nice rangy free safety, which they need.
17. Baltimore Ravens -- Zack Martin, G-T, Notre Dame: The versatility he would offer to the line would be a big plus.
18. New York Jets -- Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State: I still think they need help at corner in the worst way.
19. Miami Dolphins -- C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama: He can run, and they need that. This would be a heck of a pick.
20. Arizona Cardinals -- Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville: He's a big hitter who would help their secondary.
21. Green Bay Packers -- Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State: Speed is a must if the defense is to improve. He has it.
22. Philadelphia Eagles -- Odell Beckham, WR, LSU: He can fly and the Eagles need that with Desean Jackson gone.
23. Kansas City Chiefs -- Brandin Cooks, WR Oregon State: He would add much needed speed outside in the passing game.
24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Jason Verrett, CB, TCU: He is a shorter corner, but he might be the best cover guy of the group. Can be an instant help at nickel.
25. San Diego Chargers -- Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame: The inside of their line isn't very good. He is a big body who can move.
26. Cleveland -- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: They pass on the quarterback earlier and take him in this spot.
27. New Orleans Saints -- Demarcus Lawrence, OLB-DE, Boise State: He can help the pass rush in a big way. He is a riser on some boards.
28. Carolina Panthers -- Morgan Moses, T, Virginia: The left tackle spot has to be a priority. This is a kid moving up boards.
29. New England Patriots -- Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA: Logan Mankins isn't a kid and they could use an upgrade at right guard.
30. San Francisco 49ers -- Marqise Lee, WR, USC: They need help at receiver and this kid is better than most think.
31. Denver Broncos -- Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU: I will keep him here in this spot because it makes too much sense.
32. Seattle Seahawks -- Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana: They need to get help outside with Golden Tate gone.
John Mara says he's never gotten more emotional mail than the letters fans wrote about Colin...
These 11 players could have a Dwight Freeney-type impact for the right team
Last week, Mark Davis revealed that he had refunded and re-sold about 1,000 tickets
Vick's legacy with the franchise that drafted him remains complicated
Navy SEAL Kyle Milliken, who died during a raid in Somalia, met Brady at Gillette Stadium in...
Cowboys fans will probably disagree with Claiborne's statement