2014 Super Bowl Odds: Vegas backs Panthers rise in rankings
Let's look at some 2014 Super Bowl Odds, where the Panthers have quickly climbed into the top 10 in terms of rankings.
Earlier this week I wrote that the Panthers (14-1) are a viable Super Bowl contender. Looks like Vegas agrees with me. Their odds are as high as they've been all season long on Bovada.lv. As recently as Week 7 they were 150-1. That's what a five-game winning streak will do for you, and it's a reminder of how quickly things can change in the NFL.
The real reason I keep talking about this though? To remind you about my preseason sleeper for the Super Bowl. If you say enough about it you can't jinx it.
Anyway, I wouldn't bet on the Panthers at 14-1, simply because there's no real value there, unless you're totally convinced they'll handle the Patriots (9-1) on Monday night this week. If they do that we might not see them this low again barring a serious losing streak. I buy into the idea that a team with Cam Newton at quarterback and a defense featuring Charles Johnson, Greg Hardy, Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short -- not to mention Luke Kuechly at linebacker -- can win it all.
Cam isn't the ideal candidate to pull of a Joe Flacco-style run through the playoffs but he's breaking out in a real-quarterback-progression kind of way this season. Don't rule it out.
- The Rams (750-1) and Vikings (750-1) staved off "elimination" with their wins this week! Your move, Bills (1000-1).
- More NFC North movement after this weekend, with the Lions (20-1) doing a steady climb after beating the Bears (50-1). Chicago and the Packers (25-1) continue their quick descents thanks to quarterback injuries.
- The NFC East is so hilariously wide open. The Giants (50-1) started the season 0-6! The Eagles (33-1) are probably my pick for the "favorite" but they're tied with the Cowboys (33-1) in real life so why not Vegas too?
- The Cardinals (100-1) are creeping and might be a nice little investment given their schedule.
- The Jets (75-1) are in the playoffs if the season ended today. What a world we live in.
|Team||Week 10 Odds
||Week 11 Odds
||Team||Week 10 Odds
||Week 11 Odds
New York Jets
|New Orleans Saints||9-1||15-2||
|New England Patriots||9-1||9-1||
San Diego Chargers
|San Francisco 49ers||15-2||10-1||
|Kansas City Chiefs||12-1||12-1||
St. Louis Rams
|Green Bay Packers||14-1||25-1||
|New York Giants||75-1||50-1||
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Bryant will have his progress reviewed again before the coming season
From Jadeveon Clowney to Odell Beckham, here's the option year prognosis for each 2014 first-round...
Gruden's team took Cadillac Williams instead of Rodgers in the 2005 NFL Draft
Agent claims Smokin' Jay Cutler's 'skill set is as good as any quarterback' in the NFL
A 23-year old woman alleges that Conley raped her in a Cleveland hotel room, and he strongly...
The Bengals are setting a sky-high asking price for their backup quarterback