2015 Super Bowl Odds: Bridgewater boosts Vikings after NFL Draft
Following the 2014 NFL Draft let's take a look at 2015 Super Bowl Odds. It's never too early.
Only a few teams really moved the needle to any serious degree after the draft weekend's action. By far more movement happened throughout free agency.
No surprise, there, though. Adding veterans should equate to more of an impact than first-year players.
There are still a few notable movers:
- Not sure adding Jimmy Garropolo caused the Patriots to bump up. I'd pin it on the other teams in the AFC East having meh drafts.
- The Bears pulled off a very nice draft, adding Kyle Fuller at cornerback (arguably the best corner in the class) and then pairing Ego Ferguson and Will Sutton at defensive tackle. Their defense went from "unmitigated disaster" to "mildly intriguing unit" pretty quickly.
- The Panthers not addressing their left tackle needs clearly caused them to dip, along with the NFC South improving around them. In terms of adding quality players -- Kelvin Benjamin is raw but has massive upside, Kony Ealy is a potential stud -- I'd argue they had a nice draft. But they definitely didn't address their immediate needs. There's an interesting argument on that front that's for another time.
- If the Eagles landed Brandin Cooks I bet they move up in these odds. Instead, it's the Saints climbing after a bold move to land the speedster.
- Can't really figure out why the Cardinals, Falcons, Bengals and Ravens dropped. Kind of feel like it's a "reset" sort of thing maybe? I love all four of those teams in terms of having value right now as a long-term play. 40-1 is a nice preseason number for a group of teams that could either surprise, bounceback or both.
- Teddy Bridgewater's the sole reason for the Vikings move, I'd think, although Anthony Barr doesn't hurt their odds. Pairing Teddy with Norv Turner should equate to immediate improvement for Minnesota regardless of the weather he plays in.
|Team||FA Odds (3/18)
||Post Draft Odds
|Seattle Seahawks||6-1||6-1||Dallas Cowboys||40-1||40-1|
|Denver Broncos||7-1||7-1||Houston Texans||33-1||40-1|
|New England Patriots||9-1||15-2||New York Giants||40-1||40-1|
|San Francisco 49ers||15-2||15-2||
San Diego Chargers
|Green Bay Packers||10-1||10-1||Cleveland Browns||50-1||50-1|
|Chicago Bears||28-1||20-1||Detroit Lions||40-1||50-1|
|Indianapolis Colts||20-1||20-1||Miami Dolphins||50-1||50-1|
|New Orleans Saints||22-1||20-1||
St. Louis Rams
|Philadelphia Eagles||18-1||22-1||Minnesota Vikings||66-1||50-1|
|Carolina Panthers||25-1||28-1||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||50-1||50-1|
|Kansas City Chiefs||33-1||33-1||Washington Redskins||50-1||50-1|
|New York Jets||66-1||66-1|
|Arizona Cardinals||33-1||40-1||Buffalo Bills||75-1||75-1|
|Atlanta Falcons||33-1||40-1||Tennessee Titans||75-1||75-1|
|Baltimore Ravens||33-1||40-1||Jacksonville Jaguars||150-1||100-1|
|Cincinnati Bengals||33-1||40-1||Oakland Raiders||75-1||100-1|
Our Latest Stories
Jackson paired with Mike Evans would be an unstoppable combination
Rivers got emotional during a speech about the Chargers' move to Los Angeles
Nat Moore, Larry Little, Kim Bokamper and Sam Madison were also briefly signed
The Steelers' running back, who is likely to be franchise tagged, apparently got good news...
The Rams running back showed more explosion than he did during the entire 2016 season
Watson is regarded as one of the top three quarterback prospects in this year's draft