Agent: Andrew McDonald is 'Player A;' Jonathan Martin speaks out

Andrew McDonald (67) spent one season with the Dolphins before being released. (Getty Images)
Andrew McDonald (67) spent one season with the Dolphins before being released. (Getty Images)

Former Dolphins offensive lineman Andrew McDonald has come forward to confirm he is 'Player A' from Ted Wells' report on the Miami harassment scandal and he insists he has no qualms with the team.

In a statement released by his agent, Brett Tessler, on Saturday, McDonald says he's "disappointed that his name has become associated with this story."

McDonald says Wells spoke to him at the end of the investigation after all the details had already been gathered.

While Andrew can’t speak for any other players involved in the report, he personally has no problem with the Miami Dolphins organization and has the highest opinion of Coach [Jim] Turner both personally and professionally and feels terrible about the way their relationship has been portrayed in the report.

According to the Wells report, offensive line coach Jim Turner gave 'Player A' a male sex doll as a Christmas gift. It also alleged the formerly unnamed victim was subjected to 'homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching.'

The report concluded a "pattern of harassment' existed in the locker room, perpetrated by lineman Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey and directed at McDonald, Jonathan Martin as well as an assistant trainer.

The Dolphins signed McDonald, 25, as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He now plays for the Carolina Panthers.

Martin responded publicly to the bombshell report for the first time Saturday.

Show Comments Hide Comments
CBS Sports Store
NFL Nike Gear
Our Latest Stories