Bold predictions for 2013 NFL season
Shaking up the prognostications: AP won't lead the NFL in rushing, nor will Megatron pace receiving.
• Not so fast on AP: Alfred Morris, not Adrian Peterson, will lead the NFL in rushing this year and crack the 2,000 yard mark. It's close to impossible for a running back to have back-to-back 2,000-yard seasons, which AP would have to do to hold off Morris.
• Son of not so fast (on Megatron): Dez Bryant will lead the NFL in receiving this season instead of Calvin Johnson. Bryant has improved every season in targets, receptions and touchdowns. Last year he had 92 receptions and 12 touchdowns, and this season looks better for Bryant because the Lions will spread the ball around more, meaning Johnson will be targeted less. Megatron still cracks the 100-catch mark, but Bryant gets the edge here.
• Not-so-crowning achievement: The new penalty for hitting with the crown of the helmet will be called less than 80 times this season. Considering there are 256 games, and the fact it could be called on either side of the ball, many think this will be called every game. Players will be fined for leading with the crown far more than it will be flagged in games.
• No first to lasts: No team will which finished last in 2012 will finish first in 2013 in any division.
• Gunned down: After all my conversations with coaches and players and the "Pistol" offense, I expect two starting quarterbacks to go down with season ending injuries while executing the attack. I'm not wishing misfortune on or name the potential QBs, but this package will be challenged.
• Broncos won't be early risers: The Broncos only have two games in the 1 p.m. ET slot (five are at night and nine are in the 4 p.m. ET window). Beware of those 1 p.m. starts (Dec. 1 at Kansas City, Dec. 22 at Houston); I could see the Broncos losing both because their personal clocks will be way off.
The Seahawks QB confirms -- without confirming -- that he moved his wedding over bathroom...
Too early to project how a rookie will turn out? Sure, but here's five comparisons based on...
The most important week of the preseason kicks off on Thursday
Preseason Week 3 is where the rubber meets the road; jobs are won and depth charts are sol...
We ran a 'Madden NFL 17' simulation with Jimmy Garoppolo and the Patriots aren't terrible
Baldwin criticizes his two teammates, but doesn't make a big deal of it