Chargers set to release Spikes; LB not considering retirement
Takeo Spikes will be released by the San Diego Chargers on Thursday, according to an NFL source.
Takeo Spikes is not planning retirement despite his imminent release by the San Diego Chargers -- expected to come Thursday -- at a time when fellow linebacker Ray Lewis has retired and London Fletcher is contemplating walking away.
Spikes, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, remains one of the steadiest tacklers in the game. According to ProFootball Focus, Spikes has missed just four tackles over the past three seasons. He has also been lauded for his leadership and football smarts throughout his career.
Spikes is working hard in preparation of this season, his 16th, and has every intention of continuing his playing career. Spikes, a first-round pick out of Auburn by Cincinnati in 1998, played for the Bengals, Bills, Eagles and 49ers before joining the Chargers before the 2011 season.
Don't blame Norman -- he's 10 inches shorter than the Knicks' Kyle O’Quinn
The Cowboys owner offers an interesting take on what's bringing future fans to the game
The Seahawks cornerback told a student last year that he'd pay for a scholarship if she raised...
Romo is set to call games for CBS Sports this fall, but the Cowboys are keeping the door o...
Can Roberto Aguayo, the Bucs' maligned second-round pick, beat out Nick Folk?
John Mara says Colin Kaepernick's protest led to a ton of letters from emotional fans