Cowboys agree to two-year deal with QB Brandon Weeden
Brandon Weeden wasn't out of work long. The 2012 Browns first-round pick agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Cowboys.
Cleveland released Weeden last week after a forgettable two seasons that included 20 starts, 23 touchdowns, 26 interceptions and one of the saddest tribute videos you'll ever see. Now he joins Tony Romo and Kyle Orton on the Cowboys' roster. Dallas hasn't carried three quarterbacks during the regular season since 2011 when Jon Kitna and Stephen McGee were behind Romo on the depth chart.
As for Weeden, 30, he gets his wish to continue his career for an organization relatively more successful than the Browns. The former Oklahoma State star told the Oklahomanlast month that his tenure in Cleveland was one big "roller coaster," and that the constant turnover in the Browns' organization made for a "tough situation."
"I want to play football," he said at the time. "I don't care. I just want to play football and be at a place where it's enjoyable and we can compete and win games. That's really what it's all about."
Orton, meanwhile, is signed through 2014 as part of a deal he originally signed in 2012.
Our Latest Stories
Chicago's quarterback plan is an interesting one
Stewart turned 30 on Tuesday and is entering his 10th NFL season
San Diego will play in a Major League Soccer stadium next season
Plus, three teams move on quarterbacks in the top half of the first round in this latest m...
Michael Irvin says no way is Tony Romo is walking away from football
It sure sounds like Oakland's football team is headed to Sin City