Frank Wycheck on concussion settlement: I won't receive a dime
Not everybody is happy with the recent concussion settlement between the NFL and the former players that are suing it.
When U.S. district court judge Anita Brody gave her preliminary approval to the uncapped settlement between the NFL and those thousands of former players who are suing the league for past concussions, it was a major step forward for those retirees who are in actual need of getting that money.
But not everybody is happy.
“Let’s keep the window dressing off of it as far as having a parade and a standing ovation for it,” former Titans tight end Frank Wycheck told the Tennessean. “I know how bad I have been suffering, and I am not eligible to receive a dime. … I find it hard to believe there will be a lot of guys eligible for it because there’s not a lot of guys worse than me.”
Wycheck -- a three-time Pro Bowler who played for the Redskins and Oilers/Titans from 1993-2003 -- estimates he suffered between 15 and 25 concussions during his time in the NFL, and today, he suffers from migraines, memory loss and depression.
But because he hasn't been diagnosed with a neuro-cognitive impairment -- that would be dementia, Alzeheimer's, Parkinson's or ALS -- he can't collect any money for now. If Wycheck suffers from CTE, his family would be paid after he dies.
After Brody's approval, the plaintiffs have 90 days to challenge the concussion settlement or to opt out of it.
Brad Kaaya looked smooth in passing drills in front of all 32 teams at Miami's pro day
That would result in the second-most touches in a single NFL season
The free agent notched two picks for the Rams last year, but his offseason isn't going wel...
So then, let's compare Bennett to Rob Gronkowski
The NFL approved the Raiders' move to Las Vegas on Monday
'I don't see anything happening at all,' Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday