Minnesota Vikings need a Viking
If your lifelong dream is to be an NFL mascot then contact the Minnesota Vikings. The team is currently looking for a new Viktor the Viking.
Linebacker, defensive tackle and cornerback aren't the only holes Minnesota needs to fill this offseason: the Vikings needs a new Viking, too. Apparently, Viktor the Viking quit or was fired or left via free agency because Minnesota is in the market for a new mascot. The Vikings have placed a want ad looking for a new Viktor.
The plusses of the job: you get to watch the Vikings play, you get to hang out with cheerleaders, you get benefits and you get to wear fancy Viking boots.
The minuses of the job: you have to watch the Vikings play, you have to 'maintain' your costume, you have to book some of Viktor's appearances and you maybe have to donate all of your Viking blood to the people of Minnesota. At least that's what the last Viktor had to do.
Here's a full list of the responsibilities that come with being the Vikings mascot:
- Perform as Viktor at games, in the community, at special events, and other appearances mandated by the organization.
- Maintain the mascot costume, props, and vehicles.
- Coordinate Viktor’s schedule and book appearances.
- Increase program revenue by generating additional paid appearances.
- Develop skits and videos to increase fan entertainment value of the character.
- Expand on existing school assembly program to meet revenue goals and create a valuable branding piece for the team’s youth fan base.
- Assist with youth related programs such as kid’s club programs, regional marketing events and youth football initiatives.
- Must collaborate and work in concert with other entertainment groups such as the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders and the Skol Line Drum Line.
Being Viktor isn't a job for first-time mascots, either. The Vikings want someone who has four years experience as a college or professional mascot. Also, since you'll be living in Minnesota, the ability to shovel snow will probably come in handy, too.
Keep your eye on everything NFL by following John Breech on Twitter @JohnBreech.
Dak Prescott impresses -- again -- and Ryan Tannehill appears to be improved, at least in...
The Cowboys should be pleased with the early returns from their rookie running back
Romo got sacked by the Seahawks, but eventually left the field on his own
The former Texans running back looks completely healthy
Cardinals coach isn't a fan of experiment with video, says it helps the offense more than the...
Sashi Brown might be upset to have just four wins but owner Jimmy Haslam seemed OK with it...