Mock Draft No. 5: Lions go from LB (Mingo) to OT (Fisher) at No. 5
With teams shifting from free agency mode to draft mentality, making one change near the top of this mock, switching the Lions from Barkevious Mingo to Eric Fisher at No. 5.
The rush of free agency is over, and teams are essentially deep into draft mode. That goes for most of us who cover the NFL, too.
There were a handful of moves made last week in free agency that will adjust some draft thinking.
So as you take a dive into my Mock Draft 5, do so with the idea that we are still a month away and a lot can change.
1. Kansas City Chiefs -- Luke Joeckel , T, Texas A&M: The pick is a safe one and it makes sense.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Ezekiel Ansah , DE, Brigham Young: He is a young, athletic, raw pass rusher and this team needs one.
3. Oakland Raiders -- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida: He is a powerful inside force and the Raiders need one.
4. Philadelphia Eagles -- Dion Jordan , OLB, Oregon: Chip Kelly takes one of his former players to help amp up the pass rush.
5. Detroit Lions -- Eric Fisher , T, Central Michigan: Jeff Backus is retiring, so they get a replacement.
6. Cleveland Browns -- Dee Milliner , CB, Alabama: He has some injury issues, but they need help at that spot.
7. Arizona Cardinals -- Jonathan Cooper , G, North Carolina: They need line help and he is the best of the remaining lineman.
8. Buffalo Bills -- Geno Smith , QB, West Virginia: Somebody has to play the position. Do they over-draft this kid?
9. New York Jets -- Jarvis Jones , OLB, Georgia: Yes, he ran a bad time, but he made a lot of plays in a good league.
10. Tennessee Titans -- Barkevious Mingo , DE, LSU: They are always on the lookout for a way to improve that pass rush.
11. San Diego Chargers -- Lane Johnson , T, Oklahoma: He would step in and start right away at left tackle over King Dunlap .
12. Miami Dolphins -- Xavier Rhodes , CB, Florida State: They have a huge void at corner and this kid has a ton of skills.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Star Lotulelei , DT, Utah: They lost Roy Miller , so they take this kid as a replacement.
14. Carolina Panthers -- Sheldon Richardson , DT, Missouri: They have a big hole in the middle of their defense and Richardson can help plug it.
15. New Orleans Saints -- Menelik Watson , T, Florida State: He played right tackle, but he can move to the left side.
16. St. Louis Rams -- Chance Warmack , G, Alabama: Can you imagine their line if they add him after picking up Jake Long ?
17. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Bjoern Werner , OLB, Florida State: The Steelers can convert him to an outside 3-4 linebacker.
18. Dallas Cowboys -- Johnathan Hankins , DT, Ohio State: They have to get better inside in their move to a 4-3.
19. New York Giants -- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame: I know they signed Brandon Myers , but this kid is the real deal.
20. Chicago Bears -- Arthur Brown , LB, Kansas State: Even with D.J. Williams signing, this makes sense. Brown is rising up boards.
21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Kenny Vaccaro , S, Texas: They have to get somebody to play next to Reggie Nelson .
22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington Redskins ) -- Tavon Austin , WR, West Virginia: They lost Danny Amendola , so they take a faster version who can give them more big plays down the field.
23. Minnesota Vikings -- Datone Jones , DE, UCLA: Jared Allen can't play forever, and this kid has a ton of talent.
24. Indianapolis Colts -- Cordarrelle Patterson , WR, Tennessee: Reggie Wayne isn't a kid anymore. They need help.
25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle Seahawks ) -- Desmond Trufant , CB, Washington: They play in a division with a lot of big-time passers and need corner help.
26. Green Bay Packers -- Kuwaan Short, DT, Purdue: They need to improve their defensive front.
27. Houston Texans -- DeAndre Hopkins , WR, Clemson: They have to get somebody to take the pressure off Andre Johnson .
28. Denver Broncos -- Jesse Williams , DT, Alabama: They need to improve in a big way in the middle of their defense.
29. New England Patriots -- Robert Woods , WR, USC: They need a speed threat outside.
30. Atlanta Falcons -- Zach Ertz , TE, Stanford: Even with Tony Gonzalez back, they need a tight end for the future.
31. San Francisco 49ers -- Johnthan Banks , CB, Mississippi State: They had some corner issues last year. Now they can help fix it with Banks.
32. Baltimore Ravens -- Keenan Allen , WR, California: They get a replacement for Anquan Boldin .
Talk about a great Christmas present
'I don’t think there’s anybody more worthy than Marshawn to wear that number,' Woodson sai...
He's targeting a return in early June
Lockette retired from the game after suffering an injury that nearly ended his life
Mangini said he'd take Kaepernick over RG3 '10 times out of 10'
Cook spoke with CBS Sports about following in a future Hall of Famer's footsteps