Mock Draft No. 6: Jags will take Florida DT Floyd with No. 2 pick
The changes continue, especially with the recent QB shuffling among the Raiders, Cards and Seahawks. Pete Prisco unveils his latest mock draft with Geno Smith sliding down to the Bills.
It's time for Mock Draft No. 6.
What changes are in order? For starters, I now have the Jaguars at No. 2 taking Florida's Shariff Floyd. He might be the best player in this draft, so it would make sense.
I have Geno Smith sliding to Buffalo at No. 8. The signing of Kevin Kolb isn't about to stop the Bills from taking a quarterback.
Next week, more changes. The following week, more change.
That's what doing a mock every Monday does. It makes us have a lot of the picks right in the end.
See, I told you so.
1. Kansas City Chiefs -- Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M: This makes way too much sense.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida: This kid is a dominant force and they need help inside.
3. Oakland Raiders -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon: He would fill a major need on the outside.
4. Philadelphia Eagles -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: Yes, they signed some corners, but they take another here.
5. Detroit Lions -- Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan: Jeff Backus is retiring, so they get a replacement.
6. Cleveland Browns -- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State: They could pair him with Joe Haden to form a nice tandem.
7. Arizona Cardinals -- Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma: They have to upgrade at left tackle and this kid would do it.
8. Buffalo Bills -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Somebody has to play the position, so Smith makes sense.
9. New York Jets -- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: Rex Ryan would probably see another Haloti Ngata in him.
10. Tennessee Titans -- Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU: They have to improve their outside pass rush. This kid is raw but makes sense.
11. San Diego Chargers -- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: The pass rush needs help and this kid made a ton of plays.
12. Miami Dolphins -- Menelik Watson, T, Florida State: They need another tackle to step in on the right side of Jonathan Martin is going to the left side.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington: They have to get somebody to play corner and a young one makes sense even if they get Darrelle Revis.
14. Carolina Panthers -- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri: They have a big hole in the middle of their defense and Richardson can help plug it.
15. New Orleans Saints -- Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU: They take a local kid with hopes he can help their pass rush.
16. St. Louis Rams -- Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina: They added Jake Long, so now they add a powerful inside piece.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Bjoern Werner, OLB, Florida State: The Steelers can convert him to an outside 3-4 linebacker.
18. Dallas Cowboys -- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama: They have to get better inside. Warmack is a mauler.
19. New York Giants -- D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama: They have to get better play up front from their line.
20. Chicago Bears -- Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State: Even with D.J. Williams signing, this makes sense. Brown is rising up boards.
21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas: They need more range from the back end.
22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington Redskins ) -- Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia: They lost Danny Amendola, so they take a faster version who can give them more big plays down the field.
23. Minnesota Vikings -- Datone Jones, DE, UCLA: Jared Allen can't play forever, and this kid has a ton of talent.
24. Indianapolis Colts -- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Reggie Wayne isn't a kid anymore. They need help.
25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle Seahawks ) -- Keenan Allen, WR, California: They add Greg Jennings, but now get another receiver to help the passing game.
26. Green Bay Packers -- Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State: Their line has been a trouble spot. They have to get better.
27. Houston Texans -- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson: They have to get somebody to take the pressure off Andre Johnson.
28. Denver Broncos -- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama: They need to improve in a big way in the middle of their defense.
29. New England Patriots -- Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M: More pass rush help is always needed.
30. Atlanta Falcons -- Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State: With Dunta Robinson and Brent Grimes both gone, they have to take a corner.
31. San Francisco 49ers -- Matt Elam, S, Florida: They need a young safety to step in for the departed Dashon Goldson.
32. Baltimore Ravens -- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee: It's time to get a replacement for Anquan Boldin.
Our Latest Stories
It sounds like the Cowboys are eventually going to make a move
The NFL commissioner might be the least popular person in New England
The Raiders might not be spending the next three seasons in Oakland
The Ravens coach believes that Colin Kaepernick will eventually sign with a team
'Never say never,' the Giants coach said about Peterson potentially joining the team
The Falcons' Super Bowl loss has turned March 28 into the best day of the year