NFL Cuts: Joe McKnight, Braylon Edwards among early cuts
Here are some of the most notable names to be released as NFL teams cut down their rosters to the 75-man limit by Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET.
NFL teams have to cut down their roster to 75 players by Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET, but some squads simply aren’t interested in procrastinating and are releasing players early.
As such, here are some of the more notable names Monday to find themselves unemployed.
- Jets running back Joe McKnight has been a disappointment during his three seasons in New York. He’s a talented kick-returner, but he hasn’t been good enough to find a job on offense.
- Speaking of Jets that were going to have a tough time making the team, the team has released Braylon Edwards. Which is bad news for the future of Edwards’ career, considering the Jets receiving corps is anything but stacked with depth.
- You have to think Donte Stallworth is just about at the end of his career. After playing only one game with the Patriots last season, he won’t get the chance to play any for the Redskins this season.
- Just because you’re a reserve Navy officer, that doesn’t mean Washington can afford to carry you as a backup fullback. Thus, Eric Kattani has been released.
- With Jordan Norwood perpetually suffering from hamstring injuries, the Browns released the receiver who combined for 36 catches and a touchdown during the past two seasons.
- Brought in to compete against and possibly replace Mason Crosby, who struggled mightily last season, the Packers have released Giorgio Tavecchio.
- Following his troubled college career where he failed multiple drug tests, the Bills gave talented receiver Da'Rick Rogers a chance after he went undrafted. That chance is over, as Buffalo has released the rookie.
Follow Josh Katzowitz on Google+
It's not known if that's the reason for the trade
Kaepernick is receiving all sorts of reactions after refusing to stand for the national an...
Follow the roster cuts of every team as they trim to 75 players before Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET...
The Republican presidential candidate has some not-so-friendly advice for Colin Kaepernick
Myke Tavarres agrees with the 49ers quarterback, but his agent advised him to stand during...
Alex Boone had some harsh words for Colin Kaepernick