NFL Week 6 injury updates
CBSSports.com's Eye on Football blog has all your Week 6 injury updates here.
|Webb, Claiborne and Ngata all suffered injuries in Week 6. (US Presswire)|
CBSSports.com's Eye on Football blog has all your Week 6 injury updates here...
* Ravens cornerback Lardarius Webb, arguably the best defender on this team, left the Cowboys' game late in the first quarter with a left knee injury after colliding with Dallas wide receiver Dez Bryant. Webb had to be helped off the field and had trouble putting weight on the leg. UPDATE: According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the team fears Webb suffered an ACL injury. There's also this:
Lardarius Webb had his right knee surgically repaired by Dr. James Andrews as a rookie when he tore his ACL. This is his left leg— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) October 14, 2012
* Browns running back Trent Richardson has what was announced in the press box as a "flank injury." This is otherwise known as a swelling of the abdomen.
* Eagles running back LeSean McCoy went down on what looked like a harmless tackle in the third quarter against the Lions. Early reports are that he suffered a left ankle injury. UPDATE: McCoy left the field under his own power and returned a few plays later.
* Lions CB Jacob Lacey is being evaluated for a head injury, whic includes concussion testing. His return against the Eagles is questionable.
* Jets running back Bilal Powell left the game against the Colts with a shoulder injury and will not return.
* Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis left in the fourth quarter with an arm injury. He wasn't on the field during the Cowboys' final drive.
* Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne, the team's first-round pick in April, injured his left knee late in the first half on a play that resulted in a Ravens' touchdown. He was helped from the field by two members of the Cowboys medical staff. UPDATE: Clairborne returned to the game.
* Ravens defensive lineman Haloti Ngata headed for the locker room early in the second quarter with what the team is calling a knee sprain. He has also battled hamstring and shoulder injuries this season. Ngata returned to the field just before halftime.
* Cowboys running back DeMarcus Murray came out of the locker room at halftime with what's being reported as a sprained foot.
DeMarco getting foot taped up and will try to 'give it a go' per FOX Sports. Felix Jones in there for DAL.— Dave Richard (@daverichard) October 14, 2012
* Cowboys defensive lineman Sean Lissemore is done for the day after suffering a first-quarter right-ankle sprain against the Ravens.
* Dolphins defensive end Olivier Vernon suffered a first-half ankle injury and the team lists his return as questionable.
* Bengals running back Brian Leonard began the second half against the Browns in street clothes. His day is over after suffering a rib injury.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnNFL on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to the Pick-6 Podcast on iTunes. You can follow Ryan Wilson on Twitter here: @ryanwilson_07.
CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports the Bills could be making a change at GM
College players who didn't get drafted are now free to sign with any team in the NFL
According to Sean McDermott, Taylor, Peterman and Cardale Jones will compete for the starting...
When factoring in value and quality of player, several teams stand out as true winners of the...
Injuries have limited Smith to just 14 games in two NFL seasons
Spencer Hall grades every sixth-round pick of the 2017 NFL Draft