PredictionMachine.com: 3.4 percent chance Tebow leads Pats to title
If for some reason Tim Tebow started 16 games for the Patriots in 2013, the team still has a shot at a Super Bowl title.
Tim Tebow may not have sniffed the field in Thursday's Patriots-Lions preseason game, and who knows if he even makes the final roster. But take solace, Tebow supporters, because if an unforeseen series of events resulted in Tebow having to play quarterback for 16 games, the Pats would still have a chance of winning the Super Bowl.
Okay, the odds aren't great, but they're not zero, which would be the answer reflexively given by most people.
- Patriots average 7.6 wins, 8.4 losses, 2nd in AFC East
- Patriots make the playoffs 39.5 percent of the time winning the Super Bowl 3.4% of the time.
- Chances of winning the division drop from 56.3% to 24.6%
- Tim Tebow: 3,338 pass yards, 18 TDs, 15 INTs, 714 rush yards, 5 rush TDs
- Stevan Ridley: 1,045 rush yards, 9 rush TDs, 60 rec yards
- Danny Amendola: 687 rec yards, 4 TDs
- Rob Gronkowski: 673 rec yards, 4 TDs
So that's not that bad … until you see what PredictionMachine.com expects the Pats to do with Brady in the lineup.
- Patriots average 9.8 wins, 6.2 losses, 1st in AFC East
- Patriots make the playoffs 78.6 percent of the time winning the Super Bowl 8.9% of the time.
- Tom Brady: 4,473 yards, 31 TDs, 14 INTs
- Steven Ridley: 1,216 rush yards, 11 rush TDs, 80 rec yards
- Danny Amendola: 915 rec yards, 8 TDs
- Rob Gronkowski: 916 rec yards, 8 TDs
If you're wondering: When Matt Cassel replaced Brady in 2008, Cassel was a run-first quarterback. In 16 games (15 starts), he threw for 3,693 yards (63.4 completion percentage), 21 TDs and 11 INTs. The Patriots won 11 games but missed the playoffs.
Our Latest Stories
The Jaguars quarterback might not be the Jaguars quarterback much longer
The NFL quietly finalized the draft punishment for two different scandals on Friday
The Cardinals receiver isn't happy about playing an extra preseason game
Twenty-nine coaches will be available to the media in Indy, but these three won't
The NFL announced on Friday that 32 compensatory draft picks have been awarded to 16 teams
Was it Lady Gaga's fault the Falcons lost Super Bowl LI?