Report: Giants offered Victor Cruz $7M-plus annually
Giants wideout Victor Cruz reportedly rejected the team's multi-year offer for more than $7 million annually. Other teams have until April 19 to sign the 26-year-old restricted free agent to an offer sheet.
The Giants’ long-term offer to Victor Cruz exceeds $7 million annually with a “sizable amount” of guaranteed money, according to a new report.
The offer, reported by the New York Daily News’ Gary Myers, was apparently not good enough for the 26-year-old restricted free agent.
Still, Myers believes Cruz’s recent switch to agent Tom Condon means the sides should “get a contract done rather than Cruz playing for the $2.879 million tender.”
The Giants used a first-round tender on Cruz after team owner John Mara said he rejected a “very substantial offer.” It is not clear if that offer was the same one Myers revealed.
Other teams have until April 19 to sign Cruz to an offer sheet. They’d also have to give the Giants a first-round pick, making it unlikely he leaves New York.
Quarterback Eli Manning, concerned about losing his leading receiver, said last week he’d consider restructuring his contract to get Cruz signed.
Over the last two seasons, Cruz has averaged 84 catches for 1,314 yards and 9.5 touchdowns.
Myers' report supports a recent statement from Giants co-owner Steve Tisch, who said Cruz will end up getting more than the $6 million annually Wes Welker received from Denver.
Marshawn Lynch will probably appreciate this shout out by his new quarterback
The legal battle in the Aaron Hernandez case is still ongoing, despite the former tight end's...
The Eagles quarterback was recently hanging with Josh Duhamel and Fergie
The Raiders quarterback has one problem: Oakland doesn't have the thing he wants to splurge...
What happens in Mexico City doesn't stay in Mexico City
Cord-cutters are probably going to like what the Patriots owner has to say