Richard Seymour open to returning to a contending team
Former Raiders and Patriots standout DL Richard Seymour is open to returning to the NFL, but only if it's the right situation, Jason La Canfora reports.
For more news and notes from Jason La Canfora, tune into The NFL Today Sunday at noon ET on CBS.
Former All-Pro defensive lineman Richard Seymour told me this week he has discussed his playing status with his family and is open to a return for a “contending” team by Week 10, if it was a situation he and his wife agreed on.
Seymour, a standout versatile defensive end/tackle who has thrived both inside and outside, was approached by the 49ers following the loss of Aldon Smith, but according to a team source, the sides could not get close financially. Detroit has also explored him as an option and the Falcons were making inquiries into the season, but their interest has subsided.
Seymour was making $15 million a year with Oakland and is not a veteran-minimum guy. Teams that gauged his interest in the preseason believed it would take at least $5 million a year to land him. If Seymour does find the right situation to play again “it’ll be a family decision,” he said, otherwise he plans to explore options in the media and he is also pursuing getting his pilot’s license in Atlanta, where his family resides.
“I’ll continue to entertain offers up until Week 10, looking for the right situation,” he said.
These 11 players could have a Dwight Freeney-type impact for the right team
Last week, Mark Davis revealed that he had refunded and re-sold about 1,000 tickets
Vick's legacy with the franchise that drafted him remains complicated
Navy SEAL Kyle Milliken, who died during a raid in Somalia, met Brady at Gillette Stadium in...
Cowboys fans will probably disagree with Claiborne's statement
'I want to score a lot of touchdowns. I want to see a lot of celebrations,' Harbaugh said