Super Bowl 2016: How to watch online, Coldplay and halftime show
Here's everything you need to know in order to watch -- or plan a Super Bowl party around -- the big game.
Super Sunday is here. And we're just hours away from crowning the next Super Bowl champion.
Will Cam Newton cap his MVP-type season by leading the Panthers to their first Super Bowl title? Will Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning top what's been a Hall of Fame career with another Lombardi Trophy and ride off into the sunset?
So how are you going to take it all in?
If you're lucky enough to have tickets and planning to head out to Santa Clara, California, for the big game, you'll be pleased to know the weather forecast for Super Sunday is set to be perfect. But if you're like the millions of others who'll be home watching or at a Super Bowl 50 party taking in the big game with friends and family, you need to know all of your viewing options. And we've got you covered.
Here's everything you need to know about the game and how to watch it.
The 2016 Super Bowl is available online and on almost any device (click link to watch) starting at 2 p.m. ET. Available platforms:
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Android tablets
The Super Bowl Today coverage kicks off at 2 p.m. ET with James Brown, Tony Gonzalez, Bill Cowher, Bart Scott and Boomer Esiason counting down to kickoff on the Super Bowl 50 pregame show with various guests and analysts.
How to watch the game on TV:
- The Super Bowl will be televised live on CBS, with Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and Tracy Wolfson calling the game. Also, ESPN Deportes will provide a Spanish-language telecast of the game.
And to just recap some of the basics ...
When is the Super Bowl?
- Super Bowl 50 is Sunday.
What time does the Super Bowl start?
- The game kicks off at 6:30 p.m. ET.
What teams are playing in the Super Bowl?
Is this Super Bowl different from the previous 49?
- Yes, and no. In case you haven't been paying close attention -- or noticed that the 50-yard line at every NFL stadium was painted gold this season -- this year marks the 50th edition of the league's annual title game between the NFC and AFC. Even the Lombardi Trophy is different for Super Bowl 50. The NFL ditched the Roman numerals used with the first 49 Super Bowls in favor of a "5" and a "0" plated in gold set behind the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
Where is the game being played?
- Super Bowl 50 will be played at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
Who will be performing in the halftime show?
- CBS announced that Coldplay will headline the halftime show at Super Bowl 50. Since forming in 1996, Coldplay has won seven Grammy Awards and is best known for songs like Yellow, Fix You and Viva La Vida.
- Joining the British rock band is Beyonce and Bruno Mars. Beyonce and Coldplay recently collaborated on a pair of songs -- Hymn for the Weekend and Up and Up for Coldplay's new album A Head Full of Dreams.
For a complete list of all 49 previous halftime performances, go here.
Who will sing the national anthem?
- The NFL announced Lady Gaga would be belting out The Star-Spangled Banner before the league's golden anniversary game. Also, Academy Award winner Marlee Matlin will perform the anthem in sign language for the hearing impaired.
Our Latest Stories
Thanks to surprising QB play and great defense, the odds are improving for Philly and Minn...
Bryant injured his right knee during Dallas' win on Sunday
Jeff Fisher is sticking with Case Keenum despite his poor play
The Texans' sackmaster appeared to have recovered from offseason surgery and didn't miss a...
Long snapper Kameron Canaday is a free agent after his latest mistake
The Patriots have one more game to endure without Tom Brady