Week 10 playoff picture projections
After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs. Week 10 sees the Steelers hanging around, but maybe because there just isn't a better option in the AFC right now.
|Would the Steelers be able to hang in the playoff hunt with Byron Leftwich under center? (US Presswire)|
Editor's note: After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs, ranked in order by seed.
Playoff picture projections: Week 10
1. Houston Texans (South champion)
2. Baltimore Ravens (North champion)
3. New England Patriots (East champion)
4. Denver Broncos (West champion)
5. Indianapolis Colts (Wild card No. 1)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (Wild card No. 2)
1. Atlanta Falcons (South champion)
2. Chicago Bears (North champion)
3. San Francisco 49ers (West champion)
4. New York Giants (East champion)
5. Green Bay Packers (Wild card No. 1)
6. Seattle Seahawks (Wild card No. 2)
I have the Steelers in the sixth spot. But if Ben Roethlisberger is out for any length of time, that could change.
The problem is this: There is nobody in the AFC to take that spot. Can Cincinnati Bengals get it going? The New York Jets ? The Miami Dolphins get back on track? Los Angeles Chargers ? Who?
Can the NFL move an NFC team over to take that spot? Didn't think so.
Floyd claims to have drank four or five bottles of kombucha tea, resulting in a failed alcohol...
Atlanta's new video board wraps around the length of the stadium and looks incredible
Miami wound up turning to Matt Moore, who fared well but couldn't deliver in the playoffs
John Mara says Beckham needs to show more maturity, but he wishes every player worked as hard...
Bennett is transitioning from playing with one all-time great quarterback to another
Carr is the highest-paid player in the NFL, until the next deal for a franchise quarterback...