Week 5 playoff picture projections
After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs. Week 5 sees the Packers hanging around, while the Vikings and Cardinals get no love.
|While Percy Harvin and the Vikings are off to a great start, don't expect the wins to continue all season. (US Presswire)|
Editor's note: After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs, ranked in order by seed.
Playoff picture projections: Week 5
1. Houston Texans (South champion)
2. New England Patriots (East champion)
3. Baltimore Ravens (North champion)
4. Los Angeles Chargers (West champion)
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (wild card No. 1)
6. Cincinnati Bengals (wild card No. 2)
1. Atlanta Falcons (South champion)
2. San Francisco 49ers (West champion)
3. Chicago Bears (North champion)
4. Philadelphia Eagles (East champion)
5. Green Bay Packers (wild card No. 1)
6. New York Giants (wild card No. 2)
Where are the Minnesota Vikings ?
At 4-1, they should be in this picture, right? I just don't think it's sustainable.
The Packers are 2-3, and probably will go to 2-4 with a loss at Houston this week, but I still think they are the better team.
Arizona Cardinals is 4-1, but they have major issues on their offensive line, which is why I kept them off the list.
Plus Seahawks eschew needs on the line and Rams seek help for Goff as we hand out NFC West...
Plus Saints and Falcons load up on defense as NFC South gets a massive boost in talent
Lions draft for now, Packers run down their checklist and Vikings find a runner in our NFC...
Plus Giants do a lot with a little and Eagles and Redskins face durability concerns in our...
Plus Broncos and Chargers help their QBs while Raiders gamble big in our AFC West grades
Texans pin hopes to Watson, new Jaguars must focus and Titans help Mariota in our AFC South...