Week 9 playoff picture projections
After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs. Week 9 sees the Giants sliding down the seed order after a loss to Pittsburgh.
|The Steelers and Giants remain in the hunt, but Pittsburgh puts a small dent in the champions' armor. (US Presswire)|
Editor's note: After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs, ranked in order by seed.
Playoff picture projections: Week 9
1. Houston Texans (South champion)
2. New England Patriots (East champion)
3. Denver Broncos (West champion)
4. Baltimore Ravens (North champion)
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (wild card No. 1)
6. Indianapolis Colts (wild card No. 2)
1. Atlanta Falcons (South champion)
2. Chicago Bears (North champion)
3. San Francisco 49ers (West champion)
4. New York Giants (East champion)
5. Green Bay Packers (wild card No. 1)
6. Seattle Seahawks (wild card No. 2)
There isn't a lot of change this week, although the Giants have dropped down in terms of seeding after their loss to the Steelers.
Speaking of the Steelers, watch out for them in the AFC. They are coming on.
As for a team to watch on the outside right now, it's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They are 4-4 and playing some explosive offense.
Four defensive backs are picked in the final five spots of the first round in Rob Rang's final...
The last version of Will Brinson's 2017 NFL Mock Draft sees the Chiefs land their new franchise...
Character has become such a concern for draft prospects that scouts spend a majority of their...
Also, expect Haason Reddick to go higher than expected and Reuben Foster to be taken on Th...
Plus the Cowboys and Steelers find new cornerbacks late in the first round in Dane Brugler's...
The league appears fully prepared if the Browns decide to pull off a few unexpected trades