OAKLAND, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers love/hate from their preseason game against Oakland.
• Jimmy Raye. The offensive coordinator for the 49ers has been a longtime NFL assistant who always deserved to be hired as a professional head but never received the opportunity. This is also one of the few times in his NFL career Raye has been offensive coordinator and actually had some decent talent to, well, coordinate.
• Vernon Davis. A muscled up, faster version of Jason Witten. Davis, like Frank Gore, has sat out much of preseason mainly as a precaution. Expect him to be dominant at the position again this year.
• Linebacker Travis LaBoy. Put the hit on Jason Campbell that scared the hell out of the Raiders.
• Linebacker Patrick Willis. As big a beast on defense as Frank Gore is on offense.
• Brian Westbrook. Actually, mild hate. Westbrook has a serious concussion history and it's risky for him to be playing even as Gore's backup.
• Ted Ginn. In all likelihood a bust but the 49ers are stubbornly trying to get something from Miami's former first-round draft pick.
• The occasional bouts of extreme sloppiness. Allow coach Mike Singletary to explain. This is what he said when asked what concerned him the most about his team: "Sloppiness, just making sure that when we go out and play that we're not doing silly things, lazy things that cause us to beat ourselves. That's the thing that we can't do. We want to go into the season and really have everybody on the same page and let's go."