This is my last batch of Power Rankings for the 2013 season. So that means that it's time to look back at the first batch from last August, which is always good for at least a chuckle or two.
How bad did I do?
As usual, there was good and bad.
Let's start with the good because that's how I roll. Some of the highlights:
• Seven of my top 11 teams from the first set made the playoffs.
• The Broncos opened the season in the top spot and they close the ranking there.
• The Bengals opened at No. 7 and finished in the sixth spot.
Now for the bad:
• The Falcons opened the season at No. 3. They didn't finish close to that.
• The Carolina Panthers, who earned a first-round bye in the NFC, opened the season at No. 19.
Laugh all you want. That's why predicting this league is so hard each season.
That's also what makes it such great theater every Sunday.
The next batch of rankings will come shortly after the Super Bowl. Until then, enjoy the playoffs.