It remains highly unlikely Martin reports back in the short term, as he works with specialists and awaits them clearing him to return to work as well. The NFL's investigation into allegations that Martin was threatened, harassed and menaced by teammates, chiefly Richie Incognito, is underway, sources said.
The Dolphins have suspended Incognito while the investigation takes place -- per the CBA a club suspension for conduct detrimental to the team has a maximum of four weeks. Incognito could appeal as well.
Martin has claimed prolonged verbal abuse and threats from Incognito and, on Sunday, felt comfortable enough to share voice mails and texts with family members and his representatives, who then presented the evidence to the Dolphins. That launched their investigation -- nearly a week after Martin left the team and after previously labelling reports of bullying in their locker room as "speculation."
“The Miami Dolphins have suspended Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team," Miami said in a statement. "We believe in maintaining a culture of respect for one another and as a result we believe this decision is in the best interest of the organization at this time. As we noted earlier, we reached out to the NFL to conduct an objective and thorough review. We will continue to work with the league on this matter."
The Dolphins announced on Sunday they were investigating what happened after being informed by Martin's representation of allegations for player misconduct.
Shortly after that Incognito went on a Twitter rant against various media outlets, alleging they were dragging his name through the mud and "slandering" him.